Learn Medical English and prepare for the OET exam in context, with an experienced Medical Professional of nearly 20 years. *Medical English and OET Lessons are priced at £25 per hour, £22 per hour for 5, £20 per hour for 10 *Please contact me if you require me to add more availability.
The atmosphere in my lessons is relaxed and professional. I aim for you to do at least 70% of the talking. You’ll gain confidence from our lessons, and this will encourage you to practice your English in public without feeling self conscious or afraid to speak.
- Lesson are built around your needs and learning objectives. I set achievable targets that help build your confidence and competence in the areas of English you wish to learn.
- I offer a supportive learning environment that hopefully keeps you motivated and inspired.
- You will receive continuous feedback on you progress.
- You will get to learn language in context, in other words be able to use it in real life situations that are relevant to your life.
- I create and deliver lessons tailored to your learning style, whether that be audial, visual or kinesthetic.
- I offer a holistic approach to teaching.
Most lessons will include the following components:
1. “warm up" For example, what you did yesterday or at the weekend.
2. Review of our previous lesson, if already taught.
3. Pronunciation exercise: Reading aloud from a short text, role play. To help to correct grammar and pronunciation and understand the context of grammar in written text as well as spoken English.
4. Main activity: We'll use a text, video, or audio sample, pictures to give context to the lesson and to learn the new grammar or vocabulary and reinforce, consolidate what has been taught in previous lessons.
5. Closing: Review of the lesson that day and plan for the next lesson, as well as homework.
At our first lesson, we’ll find out a little about each other. You can tell me about you learning goals and interests in any specific vocabulary, reading and writing skills, you may wish to learn. Whilst I assess your speaking and listening proficiency. I will ask you to estimate your level of proficiency, and what level you are aiming to achieve, as well as how confident you feel you are at speaking and communicating in English.
Areas of speciality: Business/professional English, effective communication, expanding vocabulary, confidence building.
If you have any questions before you make your decision, please send me a message.