Hi! I’m Oliver, a professional English teacher in New York City. I’m a graduate of MIT with over 6 years of experience as an educator, and experience in engineering and IT. My sessions provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to learn, practice and improve. We can work on:
• Conversational/Speaking Fluency
• Interview Preparation
• Test Preparation: TOEFL & IELTS (Speaking)
• Pronunciation and expressing yourself more like a native
• Specific topics that interest you
• Language learning strategy
I welcome advanced beginners (A2) and higher levels. Send me a message concerning your goals or any questions. I look forward to speaking with you and helping you improve your fluency!
A few more things about me, in case you’re curious:
• I have native fluency in English and Spanish, am fluent in Portuguese, and have a high-intermediate level in French.
• I can speak about a wide range of subjects since I have experience in education, engineering, information technology, for-profit and non-profit business settings, overseas volunteer service, and church service. See my résumé below for more information.
Lateness Policy: If the student does not arrive in the first 15 minutes of the session, they will be considered absent and the lesson will be charged.
Summit International School of Ministry - Grantville, PA, USA
2001 - 2005
Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering with Information Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Cambridge, MA, USA
2015 - 2017
Private Language Instructor
New York, NY, USA
2008 - 2011
Private Academic Instructor
Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services - New York, NY, USA
Strengthened individuals' academic abilities in subjects including mathematics, English & Spanish, science, and humanities. Taught children, teenagers and adults in subjects ranging up to the university level.
2007 - 2008
Mathematics Teacher & Student Advisor
New York City Board of Education - New York, NY, USA
2005 - 2007
Raytheon Company - MA, USA
Master TEFL Course
Global Language Training - New York, NY
Certification to teach English as a foreign language and to speakers of other languages.